Innovative Tank Building Equipment
The Nordweld Tank Building System allows for the quick erection of steel tanks, using the top down method. This system is produced by Nordweld Tank Building System AB, a prestigious member of the TLC Group. Nordweld is a modular system which allows for continuous rotation and welding of tanks up to 50m in diameter and 700 tons in weight.
Nordweld solutions have over 30 years of experience and great technical knowledge in building tanks. The equipment is made from materials provided by the best suppliers, with the steel used in the systems ready for even the most difficult weather conditions.
Using the top-down method, all welding and the process of assembling the outer shell plates is carried out in just one location. This helps to reduce the cost when compared to conventional methods of constructing tanks. The Nordweld tank building system is delivered to site in standard international transport containers (20ft High Cube containers).
Nordweld TBS deliver the tank systems direct to the construction site and offer consultancy services throughout the entire tank erection process. This innovative method of erecting tank systems along with the high quality product allows for a faster and better optimized building process.
CONTACT TLC TO PURCHASE NORDWELD SYSTEMS DIRECTLY FROM US.
TANK ERECTION: STAGES
- Place the annular and bottom plates at the foundation.
- Place the equipment at the bottom plates.
- Place the first course, including the top ring.
- Roof assembly.
- Lift the first course, including the roof, using lift jacks.
- Assemble the second course at ground level from one location.
- Repeat the procedure until reaching the required height.
TRANSPORT AND SERVICE
- We can deliver Nordweld TBS to anywhere in the world. All components will be packed in 20ft HC transport containers.
- Everything is done from the ground level and requires little space.
- Welding can be done both inside and outside of the tank (incl. welding to protect the welding station from weather conditions).
- Mechanized butt welding of horizontal joints.
- Mechanized grinding of joint surface (brushing).
- Available welding options: MIG/ MAG, TIG, PAW, EGW, SAW.
- All welding inspections can be made from one place and across several levels.
- The tank is continuously rotated with speed regulated according to the chosen welding method (125-1500mm/ min.)
- Plates used as tank plating are fed in from one location with the assistance of a crane.
- All products are certified with Factory Production Control EN 1090 as issued by TÜV SÜD.
- We only use high quality materials for production that meet all necessary international safety requirements and are able to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Steady rotation of the tank ensures high quality welding.
CHEAPER THAN TRADITIONAL METHODS
- Optimizing costs – no need for onsite crane or scaffolding.
- Little human workforce required to erect the tank.
- With a Tank Building System you can save up to 50% of the time required in comparison to traditional methods.
- Effective welding methods reduce the number of welding materials used.